Friday, March 4, 2011

21 Weeks Pregnant...the ups and one down (Belly Pics)

Oh 21 weeks...the joy and pain you bring!

This week we were able to go for our monthly appointment and hear our baby boy's heart beat! Yes, it again brought smiles and tears to our eyes. I don't think I can ever get used to hearing that strong, fast heart beat...it is one of the best sounds a mother and father can hear. Reports show no abnormalities in development which was comforting to hear.

This week has brought to us sweet moments of movement by our baby boy. Finally I'm beginning to feel some flutters and movements. When I say that the baby is moving, Kyle always puts his hand on my stomach like he's going to be able to feel him already. =) The joy of becoming a Dad and trying to catch every ounce of love from his baby.

I asked Kyle this week to play music to our baby. My awesome, musical husband decided that playing music meant actually playing his guitar to the baby. Well let me tell  you this Mama isn't complaining. I sure did fall asleep to Kyle playing Beatles and Jack Johnson songs to our baby...so peaceful!!

Unfortunately, this week has also brought on my first round of pregnancy pain. This boy loves to curl up in my pelvic bone area which resulted in lots of pressure and cramping and back pain. Thankfully I was recommended some exercises by a Doula that a good friend of ours knows and I have a wonderful husband who will rub my back.

This sweet, baby boy is growing like a weed and we're loving every second of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment