Saturday, February 12, 2011

16 Weeks Pregnant

Oh 16 weeks pregnant. This week we went to our monthly doctor's appointment and received some good news! Going into this pregnancy all of us were nervous due to my heart condition. I have left ventricular tachycardia, which before having two surgeries my senior year of high school, would cause my heart rate to race to 240 bpm at times. Since the surgeries I have had no major problems or concerns. Yet, the surgeon had told us that a pregnancy and labor may be very difficult for my body, therefore I would most likely need bed rest and a c-section. So up to this doctor's appointment, this has been an active conversation with my doctor. I have requested medical charts and she has seen some of the paperwork we still had from my surgeries. After reviewing the papers she had, she basically told us: The pregnancy has gone very well up to this point. I have had no 'out of the ordinary' problems. My body is handling the pregnancy very well also. So, it looks like we are going to go forward with this pregnancy assuming I can go through a normal labor/delivery. I was very excited to hear this news!! It was a relief that I was OK and my body knows what it is doing. We also were able to hear the heart beat again this appointment which always puts a few tears and a big smile on Kyle and I's face!

Here are a few pictures from that week. Warnings I am in my pajamas and not at all picture ready! lol

                                                                        ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment