Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's a BOY!

WoW!! How times flies. I cannot believe that we are half way through this pregnancy. I can honestly say that it's been a blast. We have enjoyed 'almost' every minute of this special time as a family. Minus the all day morning sickness and crazy amounts of exhaustion the first 3 months....things are good!


The big news today is that we got to see our wonderful, energetic, personable little BOY!! For Kyle and I gender was not something we focused much on. We did not have a preference towards a girl or boy nor do we plan on parenting or living life differenlty based on the gender. What we do get to do is know just one more personable idea about our baby. We are able to get to know this little guy even more. Let me say, he's a fun one. While the ultrasound tech. was trying to get him to roll over she would push harder in different areas of my stomach. Everytime she would do this, he would dip deeper into my pelvic area to hide from her and would wave his hands over his head like he was saying, "Stop it! Leave me alone!" hahaha We also were able to see him kick his legs and Kyle caught an image of our little guy sucking his thumb.

I cannot even describe how special this appointment was to our little family. My Mom has never seen an ultrasound due to me being adopted. Today she did!! My Mom was able to meet Kyle and I and be there to see our little guy move and share his personality. Tears were shed, memories were made, and love was shown (especially with the great Mexican food afterwards...Thanks Mom! ha). I can honestly say that as our first pregnancy continues the amount of love and dedication for this child grows more than I ever thought either of those could.

We are very lucky and happy to be where we are today!

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited for you and Kyle. Congratulations.
    Didn't get to see our babies either but did hear the heart beat many times. Very exciting times...

    ReplyDelete